NINETEENTH Sunday after Pentecost OCTOBER 02, 2016
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable versions of these announcements here: october-02-2016
8:00AM SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost
2 Timothy 1:1-14
10:00 am Liturgy: BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Twenty First Sunday after Pentecost
Deuteronomy 26: 1-11
Philippians 4: 4-9
John 6: 25 – 35
10:00 am Liturgy: BAS
Events This Week
- PIE MAKING 101 – Monday, 03 @ 7:00 pm and Monday October 17 – contact Mary 708 469-3547 or June 780 469-0733.
- CENTERING PRAYER – Augustines – Wednesday, October 05 – two -1 hour sessions of teaching on centering prayer – 10am or 7 pm. Centering prayer is a form of silent meditation in the Christian tradition. No rsvp required.
- SATURDAY, OCOBER 08 – Feast Day of St. Francis, a time to Honour our animals in his remembrance. Please join us at 3:30 pm for a short service of thanksgiving and blessing in Fulton Park. Bring your pet, farm animal or other friendly critter.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting on Tuesday, October 4th.
- IN SEARCH OF ENGLISH TUTORS – There are two Liberian families who arrived in Canada one year ago who live in this neighborhood. If you would be willing to volunteer for 1 hour a week with helping a newcomer learn English, please contact Jenny at 780-435-6328.
- THE KING’S UNIVERSITY – Campus Visit Opportunities – Open House – Evening Course: War and Peace and other events – Start up Oct 22. See the notice board for details.
- IGNATIUS SPIRITUAL EXERCISES you may begin this incredible process of prayer individually with Pat Jameson directing. Consider this if you are seeking greater depth in your prayers and sense of God’s love. Talk to Pat or Rev. Jonathan for more info.
- MESSY CHURCH – ST. LUKE’S – October 15 – 4 to 6 pm – Share a meal at this Family-friendly fun way to explore the Story of God’s love.
- SENIOR’S YOUTHFUL GROUP – 2016 – Grace United – Wednesday, October 19th – Salisbury Greenhouse for a workshop on herb baskets. – Cost $15.00 Plus, depending on plants purchased. Time to be determined.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- SUPPORT FOR SENIORS – SEE SYNOD SCENE – Through her business – Life long Anglican, provides guanine care for seniors. Lina-Dee Andres – 780 446-6918 – You can arrange help for transportation, companionship, to and from doctor’s appointments, meal preparations, laundry services and more.
- REDress Memorial Service – All Saints’ Cathedral on Tuesday, October 4 at 7:00 pm for the more than 1,000 missing/murdered aboriginal women in Canada. All are invited. For more information, visit TheREDressProject.org
- EAST COAST JIGGS – Friday, October 21 – Augustine’s Spruce Gove. Concert $25.00 – Concert & Dinner $50.00 – 780 962-5131
- DIOCESE OF EDMONTON – TIME TO GIVE BLOOD – Diocese of Edmonton has pledged to give 100 units of Blood in 2016. For your donation to count towards our goal – register online at blood.ca/joinpartnersforlife and enter Partner ID code ANGL696986 or call 1 888 236-6283 to Book or to speak to a Nurse (if you have any eligibility questions. The Diocese hopes to reach its goal by December 31. VERY CRITICAL.
- Lots more information in the Synod Scene – a copy of the recent information received on Tuesday, September 27th on the notice board downstairs.
- Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Contact June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
MEN’S COUNCIL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.