twenty-fourth Sunday after Pentecost October 30, 2016
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable Announcements here: october-30-2016
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Twenty-Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
Habakkuk 1:1-4; 2:1-4
2 Thessalonians 1:1-4, 11-12
10:00 am Liturgy: BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
All Saints Day – November 06
Daniel 7: 1-3, 15-18
Ephesians 1: 11-23
Luke 6: 20 – 31
10:00 am Liturgy: BAS
Events This Week
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Friday, October 28 – doors open at 5:00, Supper served at 5:30. Please join us and bring a friend. Good food and companionship. Groups of ten (10) or more, please make a reservation – Lauretta 780 466-9510. Thank you.
- CENTERING PRAYER – Augustine’s – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays mornings each week at 08:45 am.
- Book Club meets Tuesday November 06 @ 10:30 am in the Lounge. This month’s book is Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.
- Tuesday Evening Interest Group – 1, 8, 15 in lower lounge at 7:00- 8:30. This week, a look at Revelations – a puzzling and mysterious book. Revelation coninues. Come and find out.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group. NEW TIME – 8:00am
Using John Donahue’s “Hearing the word of God”, reflections on the Sunday Readings from now until the beginning of Advent, November 27th. Everyone welcome.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting on Tuesday, November 1st.
- IN SEARCH OF ENGLISH TUTORS – There are two Liberian families who arrived in Canada one year ago who live in this neighborhood. If you would be willing to volunteer for 1 hour a week with helping a newcomer learn English, please contact Jenny at 780-435-6328.
- IGNATIAN SPIRITUAL EXERCISES you may begin this incredible process of prayer individually with Pat Jameson directing. Consider this if you are seeking greater depth in your prayers and sense of God’s love. Talk to Pat or Rev. Jonathan for more info.
- Benefit Concert & Silent Auction Featuring Jaylene Johnson and two live painters: Saturday November 5th at Trinity Christian Reformed Church (13427 – 57 Street).
- SALVATION ARMY – ARTS, CRAFTS & BAKE SALE – NOV. 4 & 5 @ Edmonton Temple – 9115 – 75 Street – Fri. Nov 04 – 4 to 8 pm and Sat. Nov 5 – 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.- see notice board.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – CRAFT & BAKE SALE – SAT. NOVEMBER 19
10 am to 2 pm – “New to you” gifts – Picture with Santa @ 11am-1pm Lunch available – Adults $8, Children (under 12) $4.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- TAIZE PRAYERS – next Taize service Nov. 15th.
- SUPPORT FOR SENIORS – SEE SYNOD SCENE – Through her business – Life long Anglican, provides guanine care for seniors. Lina-Dee Andres – 780 446-6918 – You can arrange help for transportation, companionship, to and from doctor’s appointments, meal preparations, laundry services and more.
- BOOK & BAKE SALE – George’s – 11733 – 87 Avenue (by U of A) on Saturday, November 19 – 9 am to 2 pm – Great for Christmas shoppers. Lunch will be available.
- DIOCESE OF EDMONTON – TIME TO GIVE BLOOD –register online at blood.ca/joinpartnersforlife and enter Partner ID code ANGL696986 or call 1 888 236-6283 to Book or to speak to a Nurse (if you have any eligibility questions. The Diocese hopes to reach its goal by December 31. VERY CRITICAL.
- Lots more information in the Synod Scene – a copy of the recent information is on the notice board downstairs.
- Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Contact June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
MEN’S COUNCIL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.