Printable Announcements: June 26, 2016
Sixth Sunday after pentecost, June 26, 2016
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00am said Anglican Eucharist
10:00am – Our main service of Worship which changes with the Church seasons and always includes Holy Communion and kid’s time.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Sixth Sunday after Pentecost
2 Kings 2:1-2, 6-14
Psalm 77:1-2, 11-20
Galatians 5:1, 13-25
10am Liturgy: BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
2 Kings 5:1-14
Luke 10:1-11, 16
9:30am Liturgy: Intergenerational
Events This Week
- Belles– Watch for the start-up gathering in September or October.
- Tuesdays at Blues Java Bar – 50 Street & 106 Avenue. Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Next meeting is September 06.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, June 24th @ 5:30 pm. Come and bring a friend. Fundraiser for the G. A. N.G. (See back page).
- CHURCH LIBRARY – Thanks to those who have made donations. Books have been sorted and put in the library. Duplicate copies and others that we do not have a place for are set out n the table downstairs. Please take a look and take home any of interest – ALSO CHECK OUT WHAT IS IN THE LIBRARY TO BORROW. There are lots of good reads!
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
- ENCOUNTERS – watch for start-up date in September 2016.
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – See notice board downstairs.
- SUMMER HOURS @ ST. AUGUSTINES – AS OF JULY 03 – ONE SERVICE @ 09:30 AM.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- PILGRIMAGE IN FRANCE – July 22 – August 01, 2016 – Young Adults between 18 & 29 who may be interested are invited to apply. THIS IS A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME. See notice board downstairs. Info sessions this month. Openings still available.
- HABITAT for HUMANITY – 5th Annual Interfaith Build – July 07 to August 25, 2016 –HELP STILL NEEDED.
- ASCENSION HOUSE & ST. AIDAN’S HOUSE -currently recruiting new residents for the 2016-17 term (Beginning September 01, 2016) Nice place to live at a pretty fair price. Age group 18 – 25. Ascension House is within close proximity of MacEwan Campus and St. Aidan’s is just steps away from U of A campus.
- BASE CAMP – TEENS 12 TO 15 ––Star Wars theme camp – August 6 – 12 – Looking for good leaders, counsellors and lifeguards – see notice board.
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ALL THOSE AFFECTED BY THE FORT McMURRAY AND AREA FIRES. PRAY AND CONTINUE TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY ARE LOVED AND SUPPORTED.
- IONA PILGRIMAGE – AUGUST 27 – SEPT. 01, 2016 – space for one more has become available – Sheila Hagan-Bloxham to lead this event to Scotland. If interested, call Sheila – 780-436-0171.
- Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- Year II has begun! The garden is such a great place to meet local neighbors and support this initiative.
THROUGH THE WEEK at St. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Wednesdays and Thursdays mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Talk to June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
Geo Bar – See Justina at work in our kitchen and at local markets.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
The McElhatton School of Irish Dance – Monday and Wednesday nights
MEN’S COUNCIL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.
Connect with us online!
- Facebook: facebook.com/staugustinesedmonton
2) Website: sign up for immediate blog and event updates wstaugustinesedmonton.com on the BLOG page.