sixTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST – Sep. 24, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable: Sept. 24 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
16th Sunday after Pentecost – Sept. 24
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
17th Sunday after Pentecost – Oct 01
Psalm 78:1-4, 12-16
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Marie Fairbrother; Edna Tyler; Sarah; Florence & Al; Margaret; Kelly; Liam; Winnie Lesick.
For those in morning – Families of Norma Elliot; Ken Valens; George Axani; Bill H.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) –Registration open for EFM with the prospect of beginning a new group to meet on Thursday evenings at St. Augustine’s of Canterbury. Anyone interested should contact the Rev. Robin Walker – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 587 523-4297. Graduates of EFM are welcome to register for any one of the four years – an opportunity for those who completed the program under the old curriculum to sample the new.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, September 29 at 5:00 pm. Bring your family and friends for a delicious meal and great social.
St A’s COMMUNITY NEWS
- FUNRAISING IDEAS – YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME – SPEAK TO JOYCE, PEOPLE’S WARDEN
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th NEXT MEETING – October 3rd @ 10am.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Will start up again in September. Watch for the date.
- CALENDARS – The new (& IMPROVED) calendars will be available soon. As we did not sell all that we ordered last year, we request your help by ordering in advance, contact Eileen F. 780 469-2107.
- EDMONTON FILM SOCIETY @ Royal Alberta Museum – FALL 2017 Monday evenings only 8:00 pm – Cost – General $6 – Seniors & Students $5. And children $3. LIST OF FILMS – September to November on Notice Board. Parking Free.
- THANKSGIVING SUNDAY – OCTOBER 8TH – Please help with your donation of fresh fruit and vegetables to decorate the Church. Everyone is welcome to help decorate – Saturday, Oct 7 @ 10:00 am
- SILENT AUCTION – SAT. NOVEMBER 4TH @ 6:00 PM IN THE CHURCH – THEME IS MASQUERADE PARTY – need items for auction – can be new items or services or baking. Call Camille Wiens 789 732-0239 – also need volunteers for set up & clean up kitchen, games, etc. call Joyce 780 641-9896.
- HOMELESS CONNECT EDM – CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED. Clean, gently used/new clothing for Sunday, October 15 at Shaw Conference Centre. You may drop off yourself @ Find 5120 – 122 Street or bring to Church up to Friday, October 13th. Call June 780 469-0733
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- 65th SYNOD – SEPTEMBER 29 & 30, 2017 @ ALL SAINTS CATHEDRAL – our representatives are Joyce Taylor & June Miller.
- NEAT GIFT FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS – Are you looking for an unusual gift for your child or grandchild for a special occasion – anglicanfoundation.org – see the Lovely “Hope Bear”. Comes with a loving prayer and dressed in a scarf of their college colours – also great for graduation too!
- ANGER MANAGEMENT – Sept 28 to Oct 26 – 5 Thursdays nights @ Calvary Baptist Church 7215 – 97 Street – Call 780 720-7398 for info
- DOWN SIZING? – ST. Patrick’s Trunk & Table Sale – Saturday, Sept 23 from 10am to 3pm – $20 per table in hall or parking stall – they do the advertising for you – call 780 463-5452 or email@example.com.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
- THE BISHOP HAS REQUESTED WE PRAY FOR THE FOLLOWING:
——BUYE DIOCESE – for our brothers and sisters, suffering the
effects of Drought.
——Those suffering the effects of Hurricane Harvey in Texas & Irma
In Florida – including our Episcopalian brothers and sisters in the
area who seek to find ways to help even as they are affected.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- Garden activities are wrapping up for the year. Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April!
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights a four year certificate in theology
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.