This Sunday is Stewardship Sunday!
Next Sunday, Grace United is with us!
Then…the holy season of Advent begins in December
TWENTY-FOURTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST, NOVEMBER 19, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable: Nov. 19, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
24th Sunday after Pentecost – Nov. 19
Psalm 24 1-10
Matthew 25: 14-28
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
25th Sunday after Pentecost – Nov. 26
Ezekiel 34: 11-16, 20-24
Ephesians 1: 15-23
Matthew 25: 31-46
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Liam, Marianne W. Roy & Joy. Justin. Bill & Glady. Michael & Rita, Allan.
For those in mourning – Family of Catherine Litun; Family of Marcella Kinsman, Family of Richard New, Family of Rev. Donna Kirkpatrick.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am in the lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- ALL PARISH CONVERSATION – Sat. Nov 18 @ 9:30 am till noon at St. A’s. – “What is our God-given passion? Whom do we serve?” If you would like to bring snacks to share, please let Rev. Crane know.
- GRACE UNITED FALL BAZAAR – Sat. Nov. 18 – 10am – 2 pm. Crafts, bake sale and “New to You” gifts – Lunch 11 to 1pm – Adults $10. Children $5. (under 12) See notice board.
- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE STUDENTS –November 19th – Bake for the Worship Room- 15 to 20 students. Please help with a donation of baking – cookies, squares, sweet breads, pies or cakes. (June G. 780 469-0733). We are asked to deliver items on or before Nov. 19th
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th NEXT MEETING – November 21st @ 10am.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, November 24th at 5:00 pm. Bring your family and friends for a delicious meal and great socializing.
- 25 – REQUEST DONATION OF MUFFINS FOR REFRESHMENTS FOLLOWING 10 AM SERVICE AS WE WELCOME GRACE UNITED VISITORS. Thank you.
- Advent Breath: A Quiet Retreat Morning at St. A’s. Nov 29 -9am – 1pm.Need to breathe in and enter Advent with stillness and focus?
Prepare to listen & reflect on theme “Breathe”. See Notice Board.
- DECORATE THE CHURCH FOR CHRISTMAS – Sunday, December 3rd following the 10 am service – At Jonathan’s request -this is to be a family affair everyone is asked to participate. Eggnog and cookies to follow.
- COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS BRUNCH – Saturday, December 9th – 10 am till Noon at Hardisty School – 10534 – 62 Street. The brunch will feed approx. 250 guests. Donations being accepted for Community Christmas Meal; this year will be the Greater Hardisty Area ‘s 4th Annual Community Christmas Meal, being planned by 14 Christian Faith Communities in the Greater Hardisty area. We are looking for financial donations to cover the cost of the brunch. Donations for the December 9th Community Christmas Brunch can be dropped off or mail to Hope Lutheran Church 5104–106Avenue, A Charitable tax receipt will be issued. See notice board and Poster.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – Dec. 20 – 1:30 to 3:00 pm – Christmas Party – wear your best Christmas attire and bring some goodies to share. Join the festivities with singing and sharing about our favourite carols.
- THE BELLES – Tentative date of Tuesday, January 16, 2018 -please watch for further details.
- POINSETTIA FUNDRAISER – last day to place order is Sunday, Nov. 26th. Pick up is December 3rd. Forms available in front of Church.
Any questions call Joanne @ 780 952-6551.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
- The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – Donation of 67 Units have been made so far. NEED 33 MORE UNITS – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986.THE BISHOP INVITES US TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BUYE DIOCESE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM EFFECTS OF DROUGHT.
CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR THE FOLLOWING NOTICES:
Transition/Independent to Assisted Living – Sat. Nov. 25 – 9-12 pm.
Advent Retreat – December 01 @ 7:00 pm Lead by Bishop Jane.
*Friday, December 8 – Steve Bell & Malcolm Guite in Concert at
7:30 pm at All Saints’ Cathedral – tickets $20.00- at All Saints’ or
call 1 800 854-3499. – see Notice board.
*Little Lost Girl – “I’ll be home for Christmas”. A faith musical play.
Dec. 11,13,15 & 16 – See notice Board
Tix on the square or at the door. See notice board.
- Annual St. Nicholas Tea – Sat. Dec. 9th @ Prayer Works Hall – see notice board.
Garden activities are wrapping up for the year. Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
Connect with us online!
- ebook: facebook.com/staugustinesedmonton.com
www.staugustinesedmonton.com on the BLOG page. Website: sign up for immediate blog and event updates