FIFTH SUNDAY OF EASTER – MAY 14, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable announcements: May 14, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fifth Sunday of Easter – May 14
Psalm 31:1-5, 15-16
1 Peter 2:2-10
10:00 am Contemplative
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Sixth Sunday of Easter – May 21
1 Peter 3:13-22
10:00 am Contemplative
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Ray, Herb, Hart, Brenda, Jody, Rachel, Kimberly, Dan
In mourning – Family of Marg Williams. Family of Karen Neate.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Everyone welcome.
- CENTERING PRAYER – Augustine’s – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays mornings each week at 08:45 am.
- RETREAT – STRAWBERRY CREEK – MAY 26, 27 & 28 – CONTACT – PAT @ 780 469-0704 for details. Everyone welcome
- AUGUSTINE’S – SIMPLE FUNDRAISING FOR CHURCH PROJECTS – IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING OPTIONS TO DO SOME SIMPLE FUNDRAISING, please speak to your People’s Warden Joyce.
- ***IDEAS*** Your Vestry is inviting ideas for mission initiatives that might make use of available REACH FUNDS. See the poster or handbill for more info.
- SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE – Donations to the Sound System, as of April 30th – total – $5,950.00. Thank you for the kind donations of eight members of our congregation.
- SUNDAY, JUNE 11 – **NO 10 AM SERVICE** – We are invited to join Grace United Church for worship and BBQ – Its a “cowboy service” – you are invited to dress in “western attire”. Offerings for that day should be dropped off in our office mailbox. Thank you.
- TEA FUNDRAISER FOR ST. A’S – SATURDAY, JUNE 24 – TIME TO BE CONFIRMED –tickets are $20.00 pp. Volunteers are needed on Friday, June 23 and 24 for set up etc. If you can help, please speak to Joyce Taylor.
- BELLES – watch for future events.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting – May 16th.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – FRIDAY, MAY 26th – doors open at 5:00, Supper served at 5:30. Please join us and bring a friend. Good food and companionship. Groups of ten (10) or more, please call the church office to make a reservation 780 466-5532. Thank you.
- ALPHA PARENTING COURSE – Outreach in the neighbourhood for parents with children under 10 years – BEGINS MONDAY, MAY 15 – for 5 sessions. Would you like to help? Do you know someone who would like to attend? Posters and handbills will be out soon.
- TIMOTHY’S SPRING FLOWER SALE– PLANTS SUPPLIED BY Kuhlmann’s Greenhouse. Orders must be in by May 14 – pick up on Saturday, May 27 – See Synod Scene to order on line.
- FULTON PLACE GARDENERS SWAP & SALE – Saturday, May 27 from 9am to Noon @ the Community Hall. Available – seedings, perennials, house plants, decorative plant pots, garden supplies, books, magazines and tools. Time to clear your shed – bring items to trade/purchases new ones. For more info call Doreen 780 469-9289
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- FAMINE IN AFRICA: WHAT CAN WE DO? ANGLICANS CALLED TO ACTION – SEE NOTICE BOARD.
- ANGLICAN FOUNDATON OF CANADA – 2017 CELEBRATING 60th ANIVERSARY – Details of plans coming soon – Limited Elegant design & tailor made limited edition of 100 “Anniversary Hope Bears” with outfits. $60.00 each – Available in May 2017.
- WATER JUSTICE – The Anglican Diocese of Edmonton presents an opportunity to connect with and learn the issue of Water Justice. Saturday, May 27 @ Good Shepherd Anglican Church 15495 Castle Downs Road from 9am to 4pm – tickets $25.00 – on evenbrite.ca
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
- THE COMMON CUP COMPANY – June 2 @ 7:00 pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church Sherwood Park – tickets $15, Children under 12 FREE For more info call 780 467-5730.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.