CLEAN-UP SUNDAY: Come prepared to help out to freshen up the church building and grounds! A hot-dog lunch will be provided!
***NEXT SUNDAY – remember we are at Grace United*** ***The Sunday after that we begin worship at our summer time of 9:30am***
Pentecost June 4, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable: June 4, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Day of Pentecost – June 04
Act 2: 1-21
Psalm 104; 24-34 -35b
1 Corinthians 12: 3b-13
10:00 am BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Trinity Sunday – June 11
2 Corinthians 13: 11-13
10:00 am BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Ray, Hart, Brenda, Rachel, Fr. Dan (in recovery), Lydia, Joe, Mari (Mar-ee), Karen, Justin, Sarah.
In mourning – Family of Cecil Johnson.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- SUNDAY, JUNE 04 – CLEAN-UP SUNDAY – FOLLOWING 10 AM SERVICE. PLEASE COME AND HELP – LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Everyone welcome.
- CENTERING PRAYER – ENDING THIS WEEK
- NEXT SUNDAY, JUNE 11 – **NO 10 AM SERVICE** – We are invited to join Grace United Church for worship and BBQ – Its a “cowboy service” – you are invited to dress in “western attire”. Offerings for that day should be dropped off in our office mailbox. Thank you.
- AUGUSTINE’S – SIMPLE FUNDRAISING FOR CHURCH PROJECTS – IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING OPTIONS TO DO SOME SIMPLE FUNDRAISING, please speak to your People’s Warden Joyce.
- ***IDEAS*** Your Vestry is inviting ideas for mission initiatives that might make use of available REACH FUNDS. See the poster or handbill for more info.
- SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE – Donations to the Sound System, as of April 30th – total – $5,950.00. Thank you for the kind donations of eight members of our congregation.
- TEA FUNDRAISER FOR ST. A’S – SATURDAY, JUNE 24 – 2 to 4 pm. –tickets – Adults $20.00 – Children $10.00. Dress in your Sunday Best. Volunteers are needed on Friday, June 23 and 24 for set up etc. If you can help, please speak to Joyce Taylor.
- THE COMMON CUP COMPANY – ON TOUR – Friday, June 2 at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 4A Raven Drive, Sherwood Park – 7:00 pm. Authors of songs “Draw the Circle Wide” “She Flies On” More than We Can Ask or Imagine” “Celtic Prayer” and more. Tickets $15.00 pp Children under 12 are free. For more information call 780 467-5730.
- BELLES – watch for future events.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting – June 6th.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – next date to be advised.
- ALPHA PARENTING COURSE UPDATE – Outreach in the neighbourhood for parents with children under 10 years –- for 5 sessions. MONDAY EVENINGS – 4 FAMILIES REGISTERED. They are continuing to learn from the 5 sessions.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- FAMINE RELIEF MATCHING FUNDS PROGRAM – UNTIL JUNE 30TH The Federal Government will match donations made by Canadians to registered charities working to provide famine assistance in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen and neighbouring regions. (This includes the Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund). Bishop Jane is encouraging all parishes throughout the Diocese to take advantage of this opportunity to make our giving go further during this unprecedented time of suffering.
- ANGLICAN FOUNDATON OF CANADA – 2017 CELEBRATING 60th ANIVERSARY – Details of plans coming soon – Limited Elegant design & tailor made limited edition of 100 “Anniversary Hope Bears” with outfits. $60.00 each – Available in May 2017.
- SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE BISHOP – WATER JUSTICE – The Anglican Diocese of Edmonton presents an opportunity to connect with and learn the issue of Water Justice. All are invited to a webcast of Trinity Institute’s 46th National Theological Conference, “WATER JUSATCE”. Hear from local leaders, renowned activists, scholars, authors and experts of the water justice movement.**POSTPONED! – A NEW DATE WILL BE CHOSEN, POSSIBLY FOR THE FALL OF 2017. PLEASE WATCH FOR DETAILS.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL696986 .
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- 3RD ANNUAL FULTON PLACE GARDEN TOUR – Self-guided tour (rain or shine) of the BEST gardens that the Hardisty neighbourhood has to offer – Tuesday, June 20 and Wednesday June 21 from 5 to pm, as part of the annual Fulton Place Garden Tour. Tickets Adults $10 Children free. Contact Sheila 780 468-9210 – See notice board.
- Join the garden crew every Wednesday nights 6:30pm-7:30pm for snacks and a work bee. Anyone welcome.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.