third SUNDAY OF EASTER – April 30, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable Announcements here: April 30, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Third Sunday of Easter – April 30
Acts 2:14a – 36-41
Psalm 116: 1-4, 12 – 19
1 Peter 1: 17-23
10:00 am Contemplative
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fourth Sunday of Easter – May 7
1 Peter 2: 19-25
10:00 am Contemplative
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Marie, Rachel, Pat, Valene, Karleen, Don, Joey, Marl, Ray, Herb, Janelle.
In mourning – Family of Rev. Glen Bresee, Betty, Peter, Paul and family.
Family of Frank Godfrey, Grace, Gwen, David, Joan and family.
Family of Ruth New, Jim, Sheila and family. Family of Marg Williams, Family of William James Miller.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Everyone welcome.
- CENTERING PRAYER – Augustine’s – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays mornings each week at 08:45 am.
- RETREAT – STRAWBERRY CREEK – MAY 26, 27 & 28 – CONTACT – PAT @ 780 469-0704 for details. Everyone welcome
- AUGUSTINE’S – SIMPLE FUNDRAISING FOR CHURCH PROJECTS – IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING OPTIONS TO DO SOME SIMPLE FUNDRAISING, please speak to your People’s Warden Joyce.
- ***IDEAS*** Your Vestry is inviting ideas for mission initiatives that might make use of available REACH FUNDS. See the poster or handbill for more info.
- SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE – As per congregational feedback, Vestry approved @ just under $10,000. Installation in March 2017. We have donations of $4,100. Leaving $5,900. to come from our capital reserves. If anyone would like to contribute, you may make a specific donation to help cover the remaining costs, it would be much appreciated.
- BELLES – SPRING LUNCHEON – THURSDAY, MAY 11. Highlands Golf Course. Meet at Church at 11:30 am for carpool. Lunch to be served at noon. Sign up sheet in the Church foyer. We have been asked to raise our costs to reflect the increase in wages and food prices. Cost – $21.00 pp any questions: Phyllis 780 469-6327 or Betty 780 477-7380.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting – May 9th.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Friday, May 26th – doors open at 5:00, Supper served at 5:30. Please join us and bring a friend. Good food and companionship. Groups of ten (10) or more, please make a reservation at the church office.
- TIME RUNNING OUT – HELP US SUPPORTTHIS THIS VERY WORTHWHILE EVENT:
*******ANGLICAN EDUCATIONAL CHAPLAINCY GALA DINNER – Wednesday, May 03 @ 5:30 pm – University of Alberta Faculty Club
Tickets are $75.00 – tax receipt of $25.00 for each ticket purchased.
- ALPHA PARENTING COURSE – Outreach in the neighbourhood for parents with children under 10years – beginning in May for 5 sessions. Would you like to help? Do you know someone who would like to attend? Posters and handbills will be out soon.
- TIMOTHY’S SPRNG FLOWER SALE– PLANTS SUPPLIED BY Kuhlmann’s Greenhouse. Orders must be in by May 14 – pick up on Saturday, May 27 – See Synod Scene to order on line.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- Note from Bishop Jane – SPECIAL PRAYERS for 19 moth old Anthony Joseph Gordon Raine and the people of Good Shepherd Anglican Church and the Castle Downs Community in the unbelievable tragedy in the loss of a child’s life.
- FAMINE IN AFRICA: WHAT CAN WE DO? ANGLICANS CALLED TO ACTION – SEE NOTICE BOARD.
- ANGLICAN FOUNDATON OF CANADA – 2017 CELEBRATING 60th ANIVERSARY – Details of plans coming soon – Limited Elegant design & tailor made limited edition of 100 “Anniversary Hope Bears” with outfits. $60.00 each – Available in May 2017.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.