This Sunday June 12th, 10am we worship at Grace United!
What does the full body of Christ look like in Fulton Place? From time to time, we need to be reminded that we do not stand on our own as st. Augustine’s, but we are part of a larger network of people seeking to follow Christ in this community. So, join us this Sunday 10am as we worship with our friends at Grace United Church! Grace United is located just South-West of us across the street. Feel free to park at st. A’s and walk across. We will have newsletters and a st. A’s offering plate on hand for those who would like. What do they do the same, what do you notice that is different? What gifts to they specifically express that we might be weak in? Let us pray together and for each other.
Pray also for sunny weather as we will then join in their parish picnic after the service. Lunch is served! There will be no other service at St. A’s at 10am, though the 8am service will continue as normal.
St. A’s Community Announcements
Fourth Sunday after pentecost, June12, 2016
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00am said Anglican Eucharist
10:00am – Today we are joining Grace united Church (across the street) for our service followed by their summer picnic lunch. all are welcome.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
1 Kings 21: 1-10, 15-21a
Psalm 5: 1-8
Galatians 2: 15 – 21
Luke 7: 36 – 8: 3
10am Liturgy: At Grace United
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
1 Kings 19:1-15a
Psalm 42 & 43
Galatians 3: 23 – 29
Luke 8: 26 – 39
10am Liturgy: Contemplative/aboriginal
Events This Week
- We are pleased to have clergy and members of All Saints and St. Thomas’ Anglican Church Fort McMurray at St. A’s.
- Pray for this community, June 14, 8pm at St. A’s. Hosted by Michael James a local neighbor.
- Please bring a fist-sized stone (if you can, bring an extra for those who can’t) for NATIONAL ABORIGINAL DAY – SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2016. The Anglican Church of Canada’s Primate, The Most Rev. Fred Hiltz has issued a “Call to Action #48 from Canada’s Truth & Reconciliation Commission”. A request that every Parish across Canada use this day as a public reading of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, accompanied by appropriate prayers and ceremonies in keeping with Indigenous spiritual customs. More details to come.
- Belles– Watch for next event to be announced soon.
- Tuesdays at Blues Java Bar – 50 Street & 106 Avenue. Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Next meeting is June 21st.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, June 24th @ 5:30 pm. Come and bring a friend. Fundraiser for the G. A. N.G. (See back page).
- CHURCH LIBRARY – Thanks to those who have made donations. Books have been sorted and put in the library. Duplicate copies and others that we do not have a place for are set out n the table downstairs. Please take a look and take home any of interest – ALSO CHECK OUT WHAT IS IN THE LIBRARY TO BORROW. There are lots of good reads!
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
- Edmonton Emergency Relief Services – still receiving donations for evacuees- NEW items only – 3870 – 98 Street – 780 428-4422.
- ENCOUNTERS – watch for start-up date in September 2016.
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – See notice board downstairs.
- KING’S UNIVERSITY– MAY/JUNE ANNOUNCEMENTS see notice board.
- L’ARCHE COMMUNITY – Friday June 24 @ 5 pm Fulton School Field Backyard party -Adults $12/Children $6 – Call Maria 780 465-0618 ext. 206. Also July 07 – Melting Pot fondue restaurant – fundraiser – see notice board for details.
- 101 AVENUE VISION & CORRIDOR STUDY – 50 STREET TO 79 STREET, City of Edmonton – Tuesday, June 21 @ Forest Heights School Gymnasium 10304 – 81 Street – Drop-in between 5 & 8:30 pm. Childcare will be available.
- SUMMER HOURS @ ST. AUGUSTINES – AS OF JULY 03 – ONE SERVICE @ 09:30 AM.
The church office is open Monday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- PILGRIMAGE IN FRANCE – July 22 – August 01, 2016 – Young Adults between 18 & 29 who may be interested are invited to apply. THIS IS A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME. See notice board downstairs. Info sessions this month. Openings still available.
- HABITAT for HUMANITY – 5th Annual Interfaith Build – July 07 to August 25, 2016 –HELP STILL NEEDED.
- ASCENSION HOUSE & ST. AIDAN’S HOUSE -currently recruiting new residents for the 2016-17 term (Beginning September 01, 2016) Nice place to live at a pretty fair price. Age group 18 – 25. Ascension House is within close proximity of MacEwan Campus and St. Aidan’s is just steps away from U of A campus.
- BASE CAMP – TEENS 12 TO 15 ––Star Wars theme camp – August 6 – 12 – see notice board.
- FORT McMURRAY RESPONSE – Spare rooms/beds available to accommodate evacuees – Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- Year II has begun! The garden is such a great place to meet local neighbors and support this initiative.
- FULTON PLACE GARDEN TOUR – Tuesday, June 21 & Wednesday, June 22 from 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Adults $10, Seniors $8, children free. Tickets – contact Sheila 780 468-9218.
THROUGH THE WEEK at St. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Wednesdays and Thursdays mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Talk to June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
Geo Bar – See Justina at work in our kitchen and at local markets.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
The McElhatton School of Irish Dance – Monday and Wednesday nights
MEN’S COUNCL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.