sevenTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST – Oct. 01, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable: Oct. 1 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
17th Sunday after Pentecost – Oct 01
Psalm 78:1-4, 12-16
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Harvest Thanksgiving – Oct 08
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Marie Fairbrother; Edna Tyler; Sarah; Florence & Al; Margaret; Kelly; Liam; Winnie Lesick; Mary Swenarchuk.
For those in mourning – Families of Norma Elliot; Ken Valens; George Axani; Bill H.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- PLEASE PICK UP AND READ THE “ANNEX BUILDING UPDATE”
Your reply would be appreciated, as soon as possible.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Starting up Sunday, October 01 @ 8:15 am – Everyone welcome.
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) –. Thursday, Sept. 28 @ 6:30 pm at St. Augustine’s Church. Same time and place every Thursday. If you are interested or need more information – Please Call June M. 780 920-7285.
- Blessing of Animals – October 1 @ 3:00 pm. It will be across the street in good weather or in the church if it is cold or rainy.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th NEXT MEETING – October 3rd @ 10am.
- THANKSGIVING SUNDAY – OCTOBER 8TH – Please help with your donation of fresh fruit and vegetables to decorate the Church. Everyone is welcome to help decorate – Saturday, Oct 7 @ 10:00 am
- THE BELLES – Tuesday, October 10 – Asian Express Hot Pot – 10412 – 63 Avenue – make your own soup from variety of broths, meats, veggies etc. – Meet at Church at 11:00 am for car pool – lunch at 11:30am. Notify Phyllis 780 469-6327 if you plan to attend to reserve.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, October 27th at 5:00 pm. Bring your family and friends for a delicious meal and great social.
St A’s NEWS & EVENTS
- FUNRAISING IDEAS – YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME – SPEAK TO JOYCE, PEOPLE’S WARDEN
- CALENDARS – The new calendars will be available soon. Please help us by ordering in advance, contact Eileen F. 780 469-2107.
- SILENT AUCTION – SAT. NOVEMBER 4TH @ 6:00 PM IN THE CHURCH – THEME IS MASQUERADE PARTY – need items for auction – can be new items or services or baking. Call Camille Wiens 789 732-0239 – also need volunteers for set up & clean up kitchen, games, etc. call Joyce 780 641-9896.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- *Ward 8 Candidates forum organized by the Greater Hardisty Sustainability Coalition. October 10th, 6:30pm @ Fulton Community League. All Candidates will be present. *
- HOMELESS CONNECT EDM – CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED. Clean, gently used/new clothing for Sunday, October 15 at Shaw Conference Centre. You may drop off yourself @ Find 5120 – 122 Street or bring to Church up to Friday, October 13th. Call June 780 469-0733
- NEAT GIFT FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS – Are you looking for an unusual gift for your child or grandchild for a special occasion – anglicanfoundation.org – see the Lovely “Hope Bear”. Comes with a loving prayer and dressed in a scarf of their college colours – also great for graduation too!
- ANGER MANAGEMENT – Sept 28 to Oct 26 – 5 Thursdays nights @ Calvary Baptist Church 7215 – 97 Street – Call 780 720-7398 for info
- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE STUDENTS – Bake for the Worship Room – classes are approx. 15 to 20 students. There are several dates available – I chose Sunday, November 19. If you can help with home baking – cookies, squares, sweet breads, pies or cakes, for this date, please let me know. June G. 780 469-0733. Thank you.
- EDMONTON FILM SOCIETY @ Royal Alberta Museum – FALL 2017 Monday evenings only 8:00 pm – Cost – General $6 – Seniors & Students $5. And children $3. LIST OF FILMS – September to November on Notice Board. Parking Free.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
- THE BISHOP INVITES US TO CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BUYE DIOCESE WHO ARE SUFFERING THE EFFECTS OF DROUGHT AND FAMINE.