TWENTY-FIFTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST, NOVEMBER 26, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Welcome to our guests from Grace United Church
Printable Announcements: Nov. 26^J 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
This Week’s Scripture Readings:
25th Sunday after Pentecost – Nov. 26
Ezekiel 34: 11-16, 20-24
Ephesians 1: 15-23
Matthew 25: 31-46
10:00 am – BAS
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
1st Sunday of Advent – Dec. 3
Isaiah 64: 1-9
Psalm 80: 1-7, 17-19
1 Corinthians 1: 3-9
Mark 13: 24-37
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Liam, Marianne W. Roy & Joy. Justin. Bill & Glady. Michael & Rita, Allan, Doreen Wilson.
For those in mourning – Family of Catherine Litun; Family of Marcella Kinsman, Family of Richard New, Family of Rev. Donna Kirkpatrick.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
· MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
· ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am in the lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
· POINSETTIA FUNDRAISER – last day to place order is Sunday, Nov. 26th. Pick up is December 3rd. Forms available in front of Church. Any questions call Joanne @ 780 952-6551.
· Advent Breath: A Quiet Retreat Morning at St. A’s. Nov 29 -9am – 1pm.Need to breathe in and enter Advent with stillness and focus?
Prepare to listen & reflect on theme “Breathe”.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
· TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group- meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays eac0:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Avenue. NEXT MEETING – December 5th @ 10am.
· DECORATE THE CHURCH FOR CHRISTMAS – Sunday, December 3rd following the 10 am service – At Jonathan’s request -this is to be a family affair everyone is asked to participate. Eggnog and cookies to follow.
· THE BELLES – Tentative date of Tuesday, January 16, 2018 -please watch for further details.
· PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church to be concerned with how we reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. For more information speak to Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molineux.
· AGM – FEBRUARY – Capital Spending Next Year – as part of our budget process for next year, vestry would like to make a priority list and plan for building maintenance upgrades and initiatives that would draw from our capital-designated reserves. If you have ideas for this, please let wardens or Dave Wiens know. We will prioritize these at the AGM.
· A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
· The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – Donation of 67 Units have been made so far. NEED 33 MORE UNITS – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986.
THE BISHOP INVITES US TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BUYE DIOCESE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM EFFECTS OF DROUGHT.
CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR THE FOLLOWING NOTICES:
*Advent Retreat – Dec. 01 @ 7:00 pm Lead by Bishop Jane. See NB
*Friday, December 8 – Steve Bell & Malcolm Guite in Concert at
7:30 pm at All Saints’ Cathedral – tickets $20.00- at All Saints’ or
call 1 800 854-3499. – see Notice board.
*Little Lost Girl – “I’ll be home for Christmas”. A faith musical play.
Dec. 11,13,15 & 16 – Tix on the square or at door. See NB.
· COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS BRUNCH – Saturday, December 9th – 10 am till Noon at Hardisty School – 10534 – 62 Street. The brunch will feed approx. 250 guests. Donations being accepted for Community Christmas Meal. The meal, is planned by 14 Christian Faith Communities in the Greater Hardisty area. Financial donations are gratefully appreciated – May be dropped off or mail to Hope Lutheran Church 5104–106 Ave. A charitable tax receipt will be issued. Thank you.
· SENIORS YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – Wed. Dec. 20 – 1:30 to 3:00 pm – Christmas Party – wear your best Christmas attire and bring some goodies to share. Join the festivities with singing and sharing our favourite carols.
· Annual St. Nicholas Tea – Sat. Dec. 9th @ Prayer Works Hall – see notice board.
· December 3rd – 7 – 10 pm All Saints’ Cathedral, 10035 – 103 Street
Carols home made mulled wine hot mince tarts. You’ll leave in a warm, festive spirit.
Check out the garden at night as there are many lights and decorations! Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
Clayton Ernst is our Parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.