Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
PDF Link of these Announcements: Click Here
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
1st Sunday of Advent – Dec. 3
Isaiah 64: 1-9
Psalm 80: 1-7, 17-19
1 Corinthians 1: 3-9
Mark 13: 24-37
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
2nd Sunday of Advent – Dec. 10
Isaiah 40: 111
Psalm 85: 1-2, 8-13
2 Peter 3: 8-15A
Mark 1: 1-8
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Liam, Marianne W. Roy & Joy. Justin. Bill & Glady. Michael & Rita, Allan, Doreen Wilson.
For those in mourning – Family of Catherine Litun; Family of Marcella Kinsman, Family of Richard New, Family of Rev. Donna Kirkpatrick.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am in the lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- POINSETTIA FUNDRAISER – If you ordered any poinsettias, they will be available for pick up at the Church on Sunday, December 3rd.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Due to the Christmas Season the next meeting will be in January 2018 – Please watch for the date. Thank you.
- DECORATE THE CHURCH FOR CHRISTMAS – Sunday, December 3rd following the 10 am service – At Jonathan’s request -this is to be a family affair everyone is asked to participate. Eggnog and cookies to follow.
- 10TH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS IN MULHURST BAY. Dec. 2 & 3 -Crafts, Santa, walk through decorated homes. See notice board.
- SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17 – following 10 am service – complimentary Soup and a bun. Please join us for this pre-Christmas lunch and great fellowship.
- THE BELLES – Tentative date of Tuesday, January 16, 2018 -please watch for further details.
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church to be concerned with how we reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. For more information speak to Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molineux.
- AGM – FEBRUARY – Capital Spending Next Year – as part of our budget process for next year, vestry would like to make a priority list and plan for building maintenance upgrades and initiatives that would draw from our capital-designated reserves. If you have ideas for this, please let wardens or Dave Wiens know. We will prioritize these at the AGM.
- AGM FEBRUARY – Vestry/Warden– with thanks to those who have served these last three years, St, Augustine’s will need a People’s Warden, a vestry clerk and there is room for other members as well. Vestry is our church council and wardens our key parish leaders. Please think and pray about who you would like to serve in these ways and ask them!. It may even be you. Members to be ratified and commissioned at the AGM.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
- The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The Diocese of Edmonton Campaign 2017 A new goal of 100 units – Donation of 67 Units have been made so far. NEED 33 MORE UNITS – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buye Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS:
*Friday, December 8 – Steve Bell & Malcolm Guite in Concert at
7:30 pm at All Saints’ Cathedral – tickets $20.00- at All Saints’ or
call 1 800 854-3499. – see Notice board.
*Little Lost Girl – “I’ll be home for Christmas”. A faith musical play.
Dec. 11,13,15 & 16 – Tix on the square or at door. See NB.
- COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS BRUNCH – Saturday, December 9th – 10 am till Noon at Hardisty School – 10534 – 62 Street. The brunch will feed approx. 250 guests. Donations being accepted for Community Christmas Meal. Financial donations are gratefully appreciated – Please drop off or mail to Hope Lutheran Church 5104–106Ave. A charitable tax receipt will be issued. Thank you.
- SENIORS YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – Dec. 20 – 1:30 to 3:00 pm – Christmas Party – wear your best Christmas attire and bring some goodies to share. Join the festivities with singing and sharing our favourite carols.
- Annual St. Nicholas Tea – Sat. Dec. 9th @ Prayer Works Hall – see notice board.
- December 3rd from 7 to 10 pm All Saints’ Cathedral, 10035 – 103 Street. Carols, home made mulled wine hot mince tarts. You’ll lea ve in a festive spirit.
Check out the garden at night as there are many lights and decorations! Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
Clayton Ernst is our Parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.