Welcome to St. Augustine’s Anglican Church
Sunday Services at 08:00am & 10:00 am
Please click here for the weekly bulletin announcement.: January 17, 2016 weekly announcements
If you do read your announcements online, please do not pick up a paper copy in the church to save a few sheets.
Lots going on right now. We currently have two (2) priorities:
1. Sunday, January 24 – Our turn to feed the members of the inner city lunch following their service.
a. Urgently need nine (9) helpers to assist with serving the food – Sandwiches, veggies, fruit and dessert.
b. A sign-up sheet is available downstairs in the church, please check the list and see if you can provide food items/help
c. The food must be at the Church by Sunday, February 24 at 08:30 am
d. The Church will be open on Saturday afternoon February 23 from 2 to 5 pm to accept your gifts.
e. All donations very much appreciated.
2. Sunday, February 07 – we celebrate 2015 and host the work of our AGM. Have something to celebrate? Please click here for more info. Deadline for submission is January 22nd.
– Simple Supper – Friday, January 29 – 5:00 pm – Great food, atmosphere and social time.
o Adults $7.00 & Children 12 and under free.
o Funds used to support African Grandmothers raising orphaned grandchildren.
– Pancake Supper – Tuesday, February 09 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm – doesn’t everyone LOVE pancakes?
o Served with ham and a variety of delicious syrups.
o Very Yummy!
o This is also the only fundraiser each year for the Altar Guild and marks the end of Epiphany – Lent beginning the next day with Ash Wednesday.
o Over the years it has been a very busy event and often we need to have two settings, so come early.
– MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES – Canadian Metal Health Association are teaming up with Students to make some noise
o For Mental Health – January 15 to February 13, 2016
o See Notice Board for dates and locations.
– CLIMATE CHANGE – Kings College presenting the Leder School of Business breakfast on addressing climate & related challenges.
o Thursday, January 21, Kings College 9125 – 50 Street – 07:15 breakfast – 07:30 speaker Ken Rathwell
o 08:15 Q &A – Closing at 08:30 am – Cost $20.00 pp – see notice board.
Additional information in the announcement bulletin.
Hope to see you on Sunday
Be well and be safe.
June Greig – office volunteer