|Childcare and Supper Provided!|
Looking for some basics of parenting? Wanting to brush-up on some skills? Struggling with parenting issues? Just wanting to know that you are not alone?
The Parenting Children Course is a series of five sessions designed to help any parent or carer of children up to 10 years old.
What is The Parenting Children Course?
- The Parenting Children Course was developed in by Nicky and Sila Lee (authors of The Parenting Book) for parents and care-givers looking for practical support to strengthen their family relationships.
- Over five sessions, the course will help you to: Build strong foundations, Meet your children’s needs, Set clear boundaries, Teach healthy relationships, and Consider your long term aim.
Who is it for?
- The Parenting Children Course is for parents, step-parents, prospective parents or carers of children aged 0-10 years.
- The course is for every type of parenting situation including parenting on your own, step-parenting and parenting as a couple.
- The Parenting Children Course is rooted in Christian principles but designed for all individuals with or without a church background.
What can I expect?
- Each session at st. Augustine’s will begin with a pizza dinner for the whole family, then the kids will be cared for by trained local babysitters, giving you space to engage the videos and discussion. We will enjoy fare from a different local pizza restaurant each time! Specific dietary needs will be accommodated otherwise as needed.
- The talk is given on DVD and includes street interviews, filmed clips of parents and children sharing their own experiences, and advice from parenting experts.
- Following the videos, you will have a chance to hear and share with others your own experiences. This is often one of the most fruitful elements of the course.
When? Mondays May 15th, 29th, June 5th, 12th, 19th
How much? Free! The cost has already been funded by donation. Space is limited:
Please RSVP to Jonathan at revjcrane (a) yahoo.com / 780-619-3170
Basic Schedule? 5:00pm Supper, 6pm video 1 – dessert – video 2, End at 7:15-7:30pm
Where? St. Augustine’s Anglican Church, 6110 Fulton Rd.