A group of people met in the home of Jim and Sheila New to begin the procedure for establishing a new Anglican Parish in the Diocese of Edmonton.
October 6, 1957
About 30 people attended the first service which was held in the New`s home and presided over by the newly ordained Rev. Tom Rayment. The parish children attended Sunday School in neighbouring houses.
Out of the original congregation, several people, including Jim and Sheila New, regularly attend services at St. Augustine`s to this day.
As the number of parishioners increased, services were moved to nearby Hardisty School.
Spring of 1958
Construction begins on a new permanent place of worship.
December 21, 1958
First service held in the new building was held on with the Rev. William Elkin officiating. Sunday School was located on the lower level.
September 18, 1966
The present church building was completed and the inaugural service led by the Rev. Glen Bresee.
October 11, 1981
The Rt. Rev. Kent Clarke consecrated the building. All buildings are now debt free.
The Chapel of St. Hilda was built in what had previously been a choir loft and consecrated by the Rt. Rev. Ken Genge on. This continues to be used as the home of the 8:00 a.m. congregation on Sundays, by small groups, and as a quiet place for private prayer and meditation.
St. Augustine Anglican Church of Edmonton celebrates its 50th Annivesary
The main building was reroofed.